NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) — New Haven is known for having some of the best pizza in the world and now its sandwiches have some street cred as well.
New Haven celebrated being on Connecticut Magazine’s “Best Of” list on Wednesday.
Mayor Toni Harp headed to Meat and Company to celebrate with the “Best Sandwich in Connecticut” winners.
“What this says to me is that we are the foodie city of Connecticut, if not the United States. If you want to eat well, come to New Haven. If you want the best sandwich, come to Meat and Company.”
New Haven businesses made the list in 11 categories overall.
- Burgers: Louie’s Lunch and Prime 16
- Candy Shop: CandiTopia
- Dairy Shop: Arethusa Farm.
- Rooftop Bar: Elm City Social
- Sandwich: Meat and Co.
- Wine Shop: The Wine Thief
- Performing Arts Venue (Large): College Street Music Hall
- Nightclub: BAR
- Place to Hear Local Bands: Cafe Nine
- Relaxation Treatment: PuREST Float
- Bike Shop: The Devil’s Gear Bike Shop