Man in Danbury impales self after falling from roof onto rotisserie stand

(File)

DANBURY, Conn. (WTNH) — A man in  Danbury is in serious condition after fire crews say he accidentally injured himself on Tuesday morning.

Firefighters say a man fell from a roof at the Casa DO Benfica Soccer and Social Club and onto a BBQ grill rotisserie stand.

Fire crews and EMS personnel used a metal cutting saw to remove the metal object from the stand and secure it to the patient who was then transported to the emergency room.

Officials say the patient is being moved to surgery to remove the object.

 

WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Also, you can now block any inappropriate user by simple selecting the drop down menu on the right of any comment and selection "Block User" from there.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s