(WTNH)- Clean eating health coach Nikki Gallias makes chicken tenders that she says is a staple in her home and is great served on a green salad or as an appetizer with your favorite dipping sauces.
• 2 eggs
• 2 cups almonds, 1 bag (1lb)
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• light tasting oil to coat the pan
• 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• Crack the eggs into a medium-sized bowl and whisk until frothy.
• Crush your almonds, I usually run it through the food processor for 2 min.
• In another bowl, mix together the crushed almonds, garlic salt, smoked
paprika, salt and pepper until combined.
• Preheat the oven to low broil.
• Tenderize your chicken breasts with a meat tenderizer, or an empty bottle
so that the chicken is thin and pounding the meat breaks down the fibers
and allows for very fast cooking and an even distribution of meat.
• Dip a piece of chicken first into the egg, then into the almond mixture and
then place it on an oil coated cooking pan.
• Grill for 5 min until golden brown, you can always insert a knife into the
chicken to see if it is cooked through. If it is not, turn it over and continue to
broil for another 2-3 min.
• Serve warm and enjoy