NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) — We continue to raise awareness for Operation Save A Life with Everyday heroes.
Firefighter, Dan Flynn from the Hartford Fire Department, shows us how to make shrimp scampi.
- 1 lbs pasta your choice
- 2 lbs shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 lemon
- 3 sticks of butter
- 1 medium jar non peril capers
- 2 large spoonfuls of mascarpone or cream cheese
- Fresh rosemary
- fresh basil,
- fresh oregano
- ½ – ¾ cup white cooking wine
- optional burrata mozzarella
- Cook pasta as directed
- In large frying pan melt one stick of butter
- add chopped fresh basil, oregano, rosemary, and shrimp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook until shrimp is almost done
- Add wine, second and third sticks of butter, and lemon juice
- Continue stirring then add mascarpone
- Stir until all is melted.
- Add capers.
- Scoop onto pasta.
- Garnish with fresh basil and Burrata mozzarella