NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) – Throughout the day 94% of Americans grab a snack. This morning, founder of LynFit Nutrition, Lisa Lynn, stopped by our studio to talk about snacking the right way.
94% of Americans snack at least once daily.
Snacking contributes to a higher intake of calories which in turn leads to weight gain; blood sugar spikes & high blood sugar levels..
Snacks provide 1/4 of our daily calories an sadly from excess sugar, fat and processed carbohydrates vs nutrients that our bodies need such as protein & fiber.
The more you snack the more weight your likely to gain due to the fact that the types of foods & beverages we consume are not usually the most nutritious.
What are the benefits of snacking?
- Balanced blood sugar levels which help to control hunger & cravings
- Improve focus – concentration
- A natural energy boost
- Nourish our bodies and our brains
- Fill you up without filling you OUT!
- Restore gut health
- Help reduce calories so they entourage weight loss