(WTNH)-Blogger/chef April Godfrey makes an easy, clean dish that can be served hot or cold.
One head of Cauliflower
1 cup of chic peas, drained and very well rinsed
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup lightly toasted pistatios
2-3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
A handful of chopped fresh cilantro
Salt to taste
One raw beet root
- Rinse and chop the Cauliflower into chunks then add to a food Processor.
- Pulse Cauliflower until it is the consistency of rice.
- In a skillet, add 2 Tbsp of olive oil and heat, add the Cauliflower Couscous and sautée on medium tossing lightly for about 5 minutes. You just want to take the raw crunch out of the cauliflower.
- Add cranberries and chic peas.
- Sautée for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving dish.
- Add toasted pistatios and fresh cilantro.
- Toss together lightly.
- Julienne or spriralize the beet root and the cucumber. Put to the side to use as garnish later.
- Top with the yummy sauce that you are just about to make!
- Garnish with the cucumber and beets.
- Really beautiful!
Cashew Coconut Curry Sauce
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup cashews pre-soaked
2 tsp curry powder
1/2 clove of garlic
1/4 tsp salt (more to taste)
1 Tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp sugar
Juice of one lime
- Place cashews in a bowl of water and soak over night. Or you can do quick soak by pouring boiling water over the cashews and let sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Drain and rinse cashews really well.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor.
- Blend, purée and blend away!
- Easy peasy!
- Drizzle over everything