NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) — Chef Raquel Rivera-Pablo is cooking up homemade ricotta gnocchi in a pumpkin sage brown butter sauce.
Ricotta Gnocchi Pumpkin Sage Brown Butter Sauce
½ pound (8oz) whole milk ricotta
5 oz. all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
3 oz. parmesan cheese
3 or 4 chives, snipped
1/8 tsp. of salt, kosher
1/8 tsp. of black pepper
Ingredients for Pumpkin Sage Brown Butter Sauce:
1-2 Tbs. of butter, unsalted
3 sage leaves, julienned
3 Tbs. pumpkin puree
Nutmeg, to taste
Salt & pepper to taste
2 tbs. of parmesan cheese, for topping
- Make gnocchi: In a large bowl stir ricotta, flour, parmesan, chives, salt & pepper together. Stir just to combine. Remove from bowl and place on a lightly floured counter. Knead until dough comes together.
- Cut dough into smaller pieces and make 10 logs. Cut into 1/4’ pieces. Lightly toss with flour to prevent sticking. Arrange gnocchi on a lightly floured baking sheet lined with parchment. Bring 1 quart of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile make sauce: melt butter until it takes on a golden hue, add sage until fragrant. Whisk in pumpkin puree. Adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Add 1 Tbs. of salt to pasta pot, return to a boil and then add gnocchi. Give the pot a stir and cook for 3-4 minutes until gnoochi floats to the surface.
- Remove gnocchi from water and add directly into sauce. Coat with pumpkin brown butter sauce adding a bit of pasta water to help pull sauce together. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.
For more recipes, click here.