NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) — This Friday on Good Morning Connecticut at Nine, we’re featuring another great restaurant from the new CT Food Lovers blog. Chef Glen Rosengrant Jr. from Thigh High Chicken Company in Ansonia joined us in the kitchen, alongside Kat Ortiz, editor of the CT Food Lovers blog.
Click the video above for the full in-studio interview and cooking segment, and follow along with the recipe below, or even try it yourself!
- 1 Boneless, skinless chicken thigh
- 1 TBSP unsalted butter
- Chicken Seasoning (your personal favorite)
- 1 TBSP Mayo
- Pinch old bay seasoning
- Martins Potato Roll
- Trim chicken to sandwich size and season.
- Add the chicken to a flaming hot cast iron skillet.
- Toast the bun with butter and season with mayonnaise.
- Add mayo and pickles to the bottom of the bun.
- Check chicken temperature and ensure it is cooked through and serve – about 6-8 minutes total cook time, depending on your skillet size and heat.