NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) – Today’s 8 Minute Meal is Mussels Pomodoro, whipped up by Chef John Brennan from New Haven’s Elm City Social and Olives & Oil.
Imported canned peeled plum tomatoes
Salt & Pepper TT
Extra virgin olive oil
1. To make pomodoro sauce; sauté onions & garlic with olive oil in a large pot, add tomatoes, cabernet sauvignon, fresh basil, salt & pepper and let cook at low heat for 3-6 hours, blend with an immersion/handheld blender and set aside
2. Set a pot of water on high heat and add salt to taste, cook pasta strain and set aside
3. In a sauté pan add olive oil, sauté garlic & shallots, add mussels, deglaze with white wine, add chicken stock, fresh herbs, butter and cover with another sauté pan or lid to steam the mussels for 3-5 minutes or until the shells open up.
4. Add 2 cups of the pomodoro sauce, add pasta and a tab of butter and cook at high heat
5. Stir, plate, garnish with fresh basil and fresh grated parmesan and serve!