NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) — Students from Nonnewaug High School in Woodbury are here for an “all natural” presentation.
You’re all part of a “Farm to Table” course and we’ll be seeing a demo with vegetables from your garden and cheese from Arethusa Farm in Litchfield.
- 1 T butter
- ½ cup roasted radish and red potato hash
- ¼ cup julienne pickled peppers
- 1 T oven dried tomatoes
- 1 Swiss chard leaf, chiffonade
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 T heavy cream
- ½ t salt
- ½ t fresh ground black pepper
- 1 t hot pepper sauce
- Chiffonade of 3 fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- Melt 1 T butter in an ovenproof 8” omelet pan.
- Add all of the vegetables and cook until the Swiss chard is wilted.
- Beat the eggs with cream, salt, pepper, hot pepper sauce, basil and shredded cheese.
- Add the egg mixture to the omelet pan with the vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes allowing the egg to set.
- Place omelet pan under broil for several minutes until the frittata is golden brown.
- Slide out of pan onto a serving platter, slice into quarters and serve.