Officers conducting surveillance on Broad Street witnessed what appeared to be drug dealing from people riding dirt bikes, so moved in. They arrested eight adults and one 17-year-old boy on several charges including drug possession and trespassing.
Several suspects had existing warrants out for their arrests.
Police also seized 300 bags of heroin and a loaded handgun.
One of the dirt bikes was confirmed stolen out of New Britain and police think the others were stolen too.
The following arrests were made:
- Jonathan Rosario, 23, of Hartford, was charged with Carrying a Pistol without a Permit, Possession of Narcotics, PWITS Narcotics, and Criminal Trespass. He had an additional active warrant for reckless driving.
- Luis Santos Jr., 19, of Hartford, was charged with Criminal Trespass, PWITS Narcotics, Possession Narcotics, Interfering with Police, and Drug Factory.
- Devon Logan,18, of Bloomfield, was charged with Criminal Trespass.
- Luis Padua, 28, of Hartford, was charged with Criminal Trespass but had an active warrant on Motor Vehicle Related Charges.
- Yan-Carlo Lliriano-Munoz, 25, was was charged with Criminal Trespass.
- Francisco Gonzalez, 18, was charged with Criminal Trespass and Possession Narcotics.
- Antonio Hernandez, 30, of Hartford, was charged with Criminal Trespass and Possession Controlled Substance less than 1oz. He also had another active arrest warrant.
- Eliezer Orozco, 35, of Hartford had four warrants with charges for Town Ordinance, Failure to Respond, Failure to Appear, Littering, Disorderly Conduct, and Criminal Trespass,
- A 17-year-old Hartford boy was also charged with trespass and Possession of Narcotics.
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.