The fire department says at around 7:44 p.m., crews were dispatched to the TGIFriday, at 348 Boston Post Road, for a sprinkler activation alarm and multiple calls reporting smoke.
Upon arrival, firefighters discovered that the building was full of smoke and that the sprinklers were going off. Crews found that the smoke and heat were coming from inside the kitchen but could not see much fire. Firefighters on the roof then cut open a hole and found the fire there.
Fire officials say it was an extensive operation that was under control in about two hours after dispatch. The Woodbridge Fire Department, West Shore Fire Department and Milford Fire Department also assisted at the scene.
There were no injures reported in the blaze. Officials say the fire was an accident that began in a kitchen exhaust hood.