(WTNH)- April Godfrey makes an easy energy-filled snack.
Chocolate Covered Peanut-butter Bites
1 Cup ground oats
3 Tbsp peanut butter
3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
3 Medjool dates
1 Tsp vanilla
1/8 Tsp salt
1 Tbsp coconut oil (liquid form)
1-3 Tbsp water
1 Cup Chocolate Chips
1 Tbsp coconut oil
– In a food processor pulse oats until finely ground.
– Add all other ingredients except the water and process until well blended and a “sandy” texture.
-Add water 1 Tbsp at a time until mixture is just moist enough to squeeze together and stick.
– Roll into small balls, place on a parchment lined dish and pop in the freezer for 20 minutes.
– In a small saucepan, melt together the chocolate chips and coconut oil over medium low heat until the chips are almost melted, but not completely melted.
– Remove from heat, keep stirring and using a spoon, roll the protein packed bites from the freezer through the chocolate.
– Place on Parchment lined covered freezer storage container.
– Place in the freezer. Move to the fridge 20 minutes before serving!