Officials say in the first two weeks of November alone, eight vehicles were stolen from the town.
According to authorities, all of the vehicles involved were unlocked and had their keys in them.
The department has released several tips for keeping your vehicle safe. These include:
- Don’t leave your keys in your car.
- Close your windows and lock your doors whenever you leave your car, regardless of how long you plan to be gone.
- Park in well-lit areas.
- Keep your car in a garage if you have one.
- Use an anti-theft device whenever you leave your car.
- Immediately report any suspicious activity to the police.
- Hide your valuables.