(WTNH)-Genee Habansky has been cooking for her loved ones for a long time. She started her career at The Natural Gourmet Institute studying healthful and healing cuisine. Once graduated, she began to intern under Jon Vaast at The Dressing Room in Westport, CT. This developed into a deep love for seasonal and local cuisine. Other restaurants she’s worked in include Paganos Seafood, Heirloom, Walrus + Carpenter and Centro. Through this time she developed skills in both front and back of the house. Herbaceous was born from a simple love of food. The menu at Herbaceous Catering Company is always fresh, fusing only the best local and seasonal produce with big flavors. Herbaceous is devoted to creating a very personalized menu that is ambitious and imaginative to fit your specific pallets, and of course our food is always delicious.
Cauliflower Crust Recipe
- 2 pounds cauliflower
- 1/2 cup chèvre room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, chives & scallions
- 1 egg
- Large pinch of salt
- Toppings of choice (see topping ideas below)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, line a sheet pan with parchment or silpat
- Place cauliflower florets in a food process & blend until it is the consistency of rice. (You can also buy pre riced cauliflower at Trader Joe’s, i would just pulse in a blender until it is a bit finer)
- In a pot, add about 2 inches of water, bring to a boil. Add riced cauliflower, cover & cook for about 4-5 minutes
- Drain in a fine mesh strainer, then pour onto a clean kitchen towel and squeeze until most of the water is out. (A dryer cauliflower will be a crispier crust)
- In a large bowl mix cauliflower, goat cheese, egg, herbs & salt. Press onto prepared baking sheet. Bake 35 minutes until golden.
- Add toppings of choice, then bake again 8 minutes. If cheese is one of your toppings, you want to make sure it is melted
Here is where you get to be creative, you can do simple marinara sauce & shredded mozzarella or..
- Burrata, basil & tomatoes
- Olives, feta, roasted peppers & parsley
- Marinara, topped with a cold crisp romaine salad
- Buffalo chicken, crumbled blue cheese & celery
- Roasted squash, kale & goat cheese