NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) —There’s a new Baby Sea Turtle Nursery exhibit at The Maritime Aquarium! It features a rescued baby loggerhead turtle.
– New exhibit is home to a rescued baby loggerhead sea turtle for its first year of life
– The turtle is one of many rescued who didn’t make it out of nests.
– The guest sea turtle will live at The Maritime Aquarium as part of a loan program of the North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores.
– Will be released into the Atlantic Ocean next fall
– There is currently a naming contest – with voting proceeds going to Maritime Aquarium conservation efforts. Name will be announced week of 12/18.
Opened in July 1988, The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk offers visitors of all ages the opportunity to have a good time while learning about the vital natural resource just off our shore: Long Island Sound. Visitors explore at their own pace, observing 34 exhibits featuring more than 1,200 marine animals of 259 species. The Maritime Aquarium also boasts Connecticut’s largest IMAX Theater, with a movie screen that’s six stories high.
The aquarium will be hosting many events for the holidays including:
– “Flurry Zone” – an indoor snow experience all month
– Santa at the aquarium to visit his special Maritime Fishing Village and dive with the sharks
– Plus, Star Wars: The Last Jedi will open at the IMAX theatre on December 14
For more information be sure to visit http://maritimeaquarium.org/