(WTNH) — April Godfrey makes a edamame and spinach dip with flax crackers for Meatless Monday.
Ingredients for dip:
1 Cup shelled edamame beans
1 Cup chick peas drained and rinsed very well
2 Cups fresh spinach
2 cloves of garlic chopped
2 1/2 Tbsp tahini
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Juice of one lemon
1/2 Tsp salt
- Place all ingredients in your food processor.
- Zizzer, zazzer, zuzz until all creamy and well blended. You may want to scape down the sides a couple times.
- Use as Dip or topping on anything and everything!
Ingredients for crackers:
1 Cup ground flax seed
1 Cup ground almond meal
3/4-1 Cup filtered water
1 1/2 Tsp Crazy Janes mixed up seasoning salt or 2 Tsp pesto.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the water a little at a time until we’ll mix and moist but not too saturated.
- Pour mix onto prepared pan and press down.
- Place a second piece of parchment over the mix. Use a rolling pin to roll out. You want it thin and smooth.
- Gently peel off top layer of parchment paper.
- Use a knife to cut wet dough. This will be the shape if the Crackers once cooked and broken apart. I usually just make a “grid” for square or rectangular Crackers. You may also want to sprinkle a little extra salt on top.
- Place in oven for 20-35 minutes.
- Check after 20 minutes and watch closely so as not to burn.
- Let cool before breaking at the “seam” lines make by knife.
- Enjoy with anything and every thing!