NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) — Vegetarian Chef Mark Minotti from The Musical Forest Cafe puts a spin on the classic mac and cheese.
Vegan Mac and Cheese
1/3 Cup Cashew or Almond Milk
1 Tbsp Vegan Mayonnaise
2 cups cooked of pasta
1/4 teaspoon Salt or to taste
2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
1/4 cup Vegan Cheese
Olive Oil or Non stick Cooking Spray
- Add a small amount of olive oil or non-stick cooking spray to fry pan.
- Place pasta (cooked prior) in the pan and heat on med heat.
- Add vegan mayo, cashew or almond milk and stir.
- Add nutritional yeast next till all are blended.
- Add vegan Cheese to pasta, melt and season to taste.
- For added texture and crunch, sprinkle Panko Bread Crumbs
- Plate and serve.