Malfunctioning light fixture leads to Stratford fire


STRATFORD, Conn. (WTNH) — Fire crews say a malfunctioning light fixture led to a blaze in Stratford on Wednesday night.

According to the Stratford Fire Department, around 10:20 p.m., firefighters received a call from an Ashcroft Inc. employee regarding a fire inside of the company’s building at 250 East Main Street.

Officials say employees noticed an increasing amount of smoke in the production area and initiated an evacuation of the facility while contacting the fire department.

Crews responded and shut down power to the building before extinguishing the fire. Officials say several high-powered smoke ejectors were used to remove smoke from the structure.

No injuries have been reported.

WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Also, you can now block any inappropriate user by simple selecting the drop down menu on the right of any comment and selection "Block User" from there.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s