Officials can’t determine cause of fatal mobile home fire

A fire at a Naugatuck mobile home that left one man dead remains under investigation. (Photo: Kent Pierce/WTNH)

NAUGATUCK, Conn. (AP) — Fire officials in Connecticut say they were not able to determine the exact cause of a mobile home fire that killed a man last month.

Naugatuck Fire Marshal Robert Weaver told the Republican-American (http://bit.ly/2nXehjW) on Monday that investigators weren’t able to single out an ignition source because of the heavy damage caused by the Jan. 26 blaze.

Original Story: One man dead after mobile home catches fire in Naugatuck

Authorities say 58-year-old Paul Kingman Jr. died of smoke inhalation, while two other people living in the mobile home were able to escape.

Weaver says the fire started in Kingman’s bedroom, where there was a space heater and electrical cords. Weaver says Kingman smoked, which could have been another possible cause.

Weaver says there’s no evidence of arson.

WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Also, you can now block any inappropriate user by simple selecting the drop down menu on the right of any comment and selection "Block User" from there.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s