(WTNH) — For the past few years, streaming television viewers using devices like Roku or Apple-TV could watch News 8 on the NewsOn app. While News 8 is no longer on the NewsOn app, you can still watch News 8 for free anytime on your streaming device.
Here’s how you can watch News 8 on your Roku, Apple-TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire, or other streaming TV device:
- From the main menu on your device, go to the “Streaming Channels” or “Channel Store” marketplace.
- Search for “LiveStream” in your channel store, and download the free LiveStream app.
- Once installed on your device, open up the LiveStream app.
- Scroll down to the ‘Search’ tool, which is located underneath the “Upcoming Other Events” feed at the top.
- You can search for live events or for an account. Choose “Account Search” on the right.
- Search for WTNH, and when you hit the search button, News 8 will be the first option to come up in search results.
- Select WTNH New Haven.
- News 8 has three streaming channels. Our newscasts are located on the “News 8 News Haven” channel.
You can watch our newscasts live when they air, or if you tune in outside of a regular newscast time, it will play the most recent newscast.