(WFLA) — As folks from last year’s hit film “La La Land” can attest too, it’s pretty embarrassing to think you’ve won and then, unfortunately, realize you didn’t.
So this year the Academy took some not-so-minor and obviously very important steps to make sure such a fiasco didn’t happen again.
Big design changes were made to the mighty winning envelopes themselves.
Even viewers at home were able to see large text in a clear font on the front of each card for every category.
What’s even more, the category was not written just once in gold, but again in a smaller white font on a black background on the same card.
This made it virtually impossible to mistake one card for another.
Basically, the envelopes were fool-proof and served their purpose beautifully. Great job all!
OTHER MEMORABLE OSCAR MOMENTS –
- Fresh from the ice, Olympians take on Hollywood at 2018 Oscars
- PHOTOS: Jennifer Lawrence avoids third fall at the Oscars
- Twitter fans give ‘Remember Me’ mixed reviews from Oscars stage
- Partial list of winners for the 90th Academy Awards
- 2018 Oscars: Star who gives shortest speech gets a jet ski
- Stars wear supportive pins for Gun Control, AIDS, and Time’s Up at 2018 Oscars
- FASHION PHOTOS: Drama in red and neutrals on Oscars red carpet
- The Latest: Lakeith Stanfield shouts ‘Get Out,’ but do